On the heels of the success of his latest single “Beer Never Broke My Heart,” Luke Combs has revealed the release of a new EP. Titled The Prequel, Combs' set of new music will be available on June 7.
The five-song project includes “Beer Never Broke My Heart” as well as fan favorites “Refrigerator Door” and “Moon Over Mexico,” which Combs has been performing live. Additional tracks featured are “Even Though I’m Leaving” and “Lovin’ on You.” Combs co-wrote each of the five songs featured on the EP.
The Prequel follows a successful run for the singer, as “Beer Never Broke My Heart” is currently No. 2 on Billboard’s Country Streaming Songs chart and No. 1 on the Billboard Country Digital Song Sales chart. Additionally, his major-label debut album This One's for You has spent 35 non-consecutive weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart -- the longest reign for a solo male artist in more than 25 years.
Ahead of the EP's release, Combs received two nominations for the 2019 CMT Music Awards, including video of the year for “She Got the Best of Me” and CMT performance of the year for “Beautiful Crazy” from his CMT Crossroads performance with Leon Bridges. The awards show will broadcast live on CMT from Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on June 5.
Complete track list for The Prequel:
1. "Beer Never Broke My Heart" (written by Luke Combs, Randy Montana, Jonathan Singleton)
2. "Refrigerator Door" (written by Luke Combs, Jordan Brooker)
3. "Even Though I’m Leaving" (written by Luke Combs, Wyatt B. Durrette III, Ray Fulcher)
4. "Lovin’ on You" (written by Luke Combs, Thomas Archer, Ray Fulcher, James McNair)
5. "Moon Over Mexico" (written by Luke Combs, Ray Fulcher, Dan Isbell, Jonathan Singleton)